Location is everything right? You may already know just where you want to buy or rent and its just a matter of finding the perfect property, or you may be looking at areas a bit further afield. Whichever situation you are in, choosing a location to call home is a big decision to make.
Your priorities may determine the location you choose, think ahead at your future plans – maybe you are thinking of starting a family, or are looking to change jobs in the near future? Try to even think about things that you may not have planned but could affect where you may want to be living!
No plans this weekend? We have some great new properties available for sale and to rent right now, search our latest properties in London, Surrey and Hampshire and book your viewings this weekend.
We’ve pulled together our six priorities to consider when you are looking for your perfect property.
- Family and friends – need your family on your doorstep? Or are your friends the family you choose for yourself? Think about whether being close to friends and family is a deal breaker for your property purchase.
- Work – commute time can be a top priority when looking at moving home, make sure you have researched all your transport options. You don’t want to move home and change jobs at the same time!
- Transport links – do you have a car and need to be near the motorway? Or is having a tube, train or bus stop on your doorstep essential? Do your research on transport links to make getting around easy.
- Affordability – your priorities may define your budget, or what you can afford may determine where you are looking to live. Do your research to find out if your dream location is affordable and whether being a short distance away may make the move more affordable.
- Facilities nearby – do you need to have local amenities on your doorstep or is a short distance ok? If you are less mobile or don’t have your own transport you may have to think about what facilities are nearby.
- Action-packed or peaceful? – Are you looking for a slower pace of life? A quiet village may be for you. Or maybe you are looking for a buzzing town with plenty of action on your doorstep? If so, a big town might the place to be!
Are you unsure which area you are looking for or would like to know more about your potential new location? Take a look at our branch pages for useful area guides, packed with helpful information such as local schools, nearby amenities and average property prices.