We all know how important it is to make your property look its best before it goes on the market, not only to attract buyers or tenants, but also to achieve the highest value possible. First impressions really do count, so investing a bit of time and money into creating the perfect home for your potential buyer or tenant could make all the difference.
Read our top 5 tips below or speak to us today and find out the current value of your property.
- Exterior appeal – It’s easily forgotten, but the outside of your property is the first thing a prospective buyer or tenant will see, so improving ‘kerb appeal’ needs to be at the top of your to-do list. Try mowing the lawn, cleaning out the gutters and tidying up the hedges and bushes. Giving the entire exterior a coat of paint and neatening up fencing will vastly improve the overall look.
- Clean and de-clutter – Keeping the inside of your property tidy will have a big impact on that positive first impression. Make sure it’s smart, tidy and looking good before any viewings take place. Adding things like fresh flowers or lightly scented candles are small touches that make the property look great and smell fresh.
- Decoration – Looking for a property is an emotional process and if potential buyers or tenants walk into a beautifully presented home they are more likely to fall in love with it. A fresh layer of neutral paint throughout will go a long way, along with repairing any snagging or maintenance issues. You don’t want someone walking into a room and noticing that things aren’t working properly.
- Depersonalise – It’s important that anyone viewing your home can imagine themselves living there and that’s harder to do if all they see is your personality. Aim to present a lifestyle to potential buyers or tenants by showing them how good the property can look.
- Refurbishment – Although the kitchen and bathroom are probably the most important rooms in the home, they are very personal, so any big refurbishments are sometimes better left alone. Painting them white or cream so they are fresh and clean will be enough.