If you want to maximise the value of your home then it is important to consider how it will appear to potential buyers. It is certainly well worth the effort to complete any half-finished DIY jobs and to take a critical look at the standard of decorating and consider re-doing any areas which need it.
If you need a helping hand with any of this, INEX Property Solutions, part of the Badger Holdings Group, offer a full range of home maintenance and refurbishment services and are happy to provide a quote for any works that need doing before your property comes to the market.
Once your property is on the market you need to think about how you will present it for viewings in order to show it off in the best possible light. Here are some of the factors that you should bear in mind:
Maximising the value of your home
For more tips about how to make your home irresistible to buyers, contact your local Townends branch.
- Keep your home as clean as you can - pay particular attention to your windows and other reflective surfaces
- Ensure all outside spaces are tidy and well maintained
- Either open your windows or use natural room fragrances (good quality scented candles such as Jo Malone or Diptyque are the best bet) to keep your home smelling fresh
- Hide away as much personal “clutter” as possible – the emptier your home is, the more spacious it will appear to potential buyers
- During the winter months bear in mind that afternoon and evening viewings will be arriving in the dark so ensure your home is welcoming by leaving the outside lights on
- It is essential that your home remains warm and cosy for potential buyers so you may need to adjust your heating timers
- Ensure your gutters and downpipes are kept clear of leaves and other debris – you certainly wouldn’t want them overflowing in front of a potential buyer